Santa von Klause
Totally delicious, and a crowd pleasing strawberry chocolate, you could make these tomorrow!
You will need:
Strawberry Jello (we used D'gari*),
A little squeeze of chocolate sauce (optional, but we used it)
Chocolate flavored vodka/rum/liquor/whatever*
Red Food Coloring (optional)
A loaf pan
White gel food coloring (I got ours at Fantes)+ a tooth pick applicator
Santa Cupcake Picks (I got these at Dino's), trim the picks so they aren't so long.
*D'gari calls for a total of 4 cups of water: we rounded the total down to 3 cups of liquid (half will be water, half will be alcohol), so that they would be firm enough. You might need 3 packages of brand-name Jell-o.
*Used mostly chocolate vodka, but mixed in a little creme de cacao, vanilla vodka, etc. Whatever you have.
Here we go:
1) Dissolve jello powder in 1 1/2 cups of water, by heating it in a sauce pan on low. Add a small squeeze of chocolate sauce, for flavor, texture, and color.
2) Remove from heat after all granules have dissolved and add liquor. Stir.
I added a bit of red food coloring
3) Pour mixture into loaf pan and allow to set several hours.
4) Unmold on to a tray or cookie sheet, cut into cubes.
5) Paint brick mortar with gel coloring and tooth pick, this was a struggle.
6) add Santa picks.